Experts Family Immigration Attorneys
United States immigration and nationality laws allow citizens and lawful permanent residents (green card holders) to sponsor certain family members for permanent or temporary visas. Our South San Francisco family immigration attorneys at Litwin & Smith offer more than 50 years of experience guiding clients through the process of helping family members come to the U.S. — legally and permanently.
Contact a South San Francisco family immigration lawyer at Litwin & Smith to discuss your legal concerns.
Helping Your Family Immigrate To The U.S.
Our immigration lawyers have the experience and skill to handle all aspects of family immigration for clients in California and abroad.
- IR visas: For immediate relatives of U.S. citizens, including spouses, unmarried children under 21, adopted children and parents of children who are at least 21 years old
- Family immigration visas: For family members of U.S. citizens and permanent residents (green card holders). There are annual limitations to each specific preference category, which is based on the applicant’s relationship with the citizen or lawful permanent resident. Family-based preference visas are available to children of U.S. citizens (who are not eligible for an IR visa); spouses, minor children and unmarried adult children of permanent residents; and siblings of U.S. citizens.
Santa Clara K-1 Visa Lawyer
Our attorneys assist clients in obtaining a temporary visa for a fiancé(e) or for spouse who is awaiting processing of his or her green card. Temporary visas are available for:
- K-1 visas: Temporary visas for fiancé(e)s of U.S. citizens (K-1) and their children (K-2)
- K-3 visas: For spouses of U.S. citizens married outside of the U.S. (K-3) and their children (K-4); or marriage visas (an IR visa or CR visa — depending on the time married when the visa is applied for)
We have the knowledge and experience to assist you in determining your options for gaining permanent or temporary residency for a family member. We will evaluate your situation and the current state of the USCIS immigration laws, and recommend the best course of action.
Learn More About How We Can Help
For more detailed information on obtaining a family immigration visa, please view our articles:
- Would you like to immigrate to the United States?
- How long does it take to immigrate to the United States?
You may also benefit from calling us for a consultation. Reach us at or send an email for more information.
Please visit our Immigration Articles page for a full listing of detailed articles regarding immigration and naturalization law.
Please see our immigration links for additional family immigration resources.