More Than 40 Years Of Immigration Law Counsel

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. FAQs
  4.  » 
  5. Employment FAQs
  6.  » TN Border Entry. Is there a minimum time to be in Canada when switching from a tourist visa to a TN?

TN Border Entry. Is there a minimum time to be in Canada when switching from a tourist visa to a TN?

Location: San Francisco, CA

I’m currently in the U.S. on a tourist visa. While visiting the U.S I have accepted a job offer to work here full-time. I plan to fly back to Canada for a quick trip then come back on a TN, is there a minimum time I need to spend there to not have trouble when I return?

There is no minimum time needed to be spent in Canada following a visit to the US in order to not have trouble when returning on TN. Unless one overstayed in the US or participated in activities not authorized for a visitor.

Litwin & Smith limits it practice to areas related to US immigration law. Our firm is nationally recognized as the premiere employment immigration firm. We represent companies in all industries seeking to employ foreign nationals. We have been very successful in preparing and obtaining nonimmigrant and immigrant visas for them and the subsequent green card application.

The TN visa is often one of the first nonimmigrant employment visa obtained for foreign nationals. We prepare hundreds of nonimmigrant employment petitions each year. We routinely provide immigration assistance to Canadians from all over the world seeking to live and work in the US. We offer excellent service at a competitive price. Of course, price isn’t everything. Timeliness, responsiveness, professionalism, and expertise are all part of providing an employer quality guidance and representation. We are known for our availability, responsiveness, timeliness, professionalism and expertise.

Please check email [email protected] or call 888 344 0892. We would be very pleased to assist you.

Experience Icon


Years Experience

Employers Icon


Countries Icon


Approval Rating Icon


Approval Rating