More Than 40 Years Of Immigration Law Counsel

Asylee EAD expiring, Spousal EAD months away what to do?

On Behalf of | Jul 12, 2019 | Immigration

While a US citizen sponsored spouse might not be ineligible to adjust for unauthorized employment. An LPR sponsored spouse would be ineligible. Further, while the sponsored spouse may not be ineligible for a green card. The employer may be penalized for employing without authorization. After the current EAD expires could take time off from work and wait for the new one. But, as you may have multiple EAD filings. Rather than be off work or work without authorization. We would recommend filing the C-08 EAD. It provides 180 days of employment authorization while the I-765 is pending adjudication to bridge the gap.

Litwin & Smith, ALC has helped hundreds if not thousands of families with US family immigration sponsorship and interim travel permission and employment authorization. Our law practice is limited to immigration. Our firm is nationally recognized as a premiere immigration firm. We routinely provide immigration assistance to foreign nationals from all over the world. To find out more contact [email protected] or call 650 588 7100.


FindLaw Network
Experience Icon


Years Experience

Employers Icon


Countries Icon


Approval Rating Icon


Approval Rating