I’m a U.S. citizen with an urgent need to leave the U.S. to visit Mexico in an emergency. I do not have a current U.S. passport. Will I be able to get back into the U.S. after travel outside the U.S.?

Answer: A U.S. citizen is required to have a U.S. passport for air travel. For land travel a U.S. citizen may use a passport or WHTI compliant Driver's License.