Popular Immigration Categories

Northern California Immigration Lawyers

The San Francisco law office of Litwin & Smith provides experienced and professional immigration law services for clients in the United States and abroad. Led by Edward Litwin, a Certified Specialist in immigration and nationality law by the California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization, our Northern California immigration lawyers have been extremely successful in resolving business immigration issues and family immigration issues for families, business professionals, businesses, and other clients.

Business/Employment Immigration

Our South San Francisco employment visa lawyers stay abreast of the changes in U.S. immigration laws in order to provide clients with the most efficient and effective legal strategies to achieve their objectives. We assist foreign business professionals and U.S. employers with business and employment-related visas, such as:

  • H visa : including H-1B visas for professional workers; an H2 visa and H3 visa are available for special temporary worker situations
  • L visa : for intra-company transferees
  • E visa: for treaty traders and treaty investors
  • O visa: for extraordinary ability or internationally recognized individuals who have received national or international acclaim
  • P visa: for athletes, artists, and entertainers
  • R visa: for religious workers, including clergy, ministers, religious professionals, and other religious workers

Our law firm also assists businesses with all aspects of immigration compliance and worksite enforcement, including I-9 verification.

For more detailed information on employment-based visas, seeking permanent residency (green card ) through employment or the labor certification process, please see our articles:

Family Immigration

At Litwin & Smith, our Northern California immigration attorneys also assist U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (green card holders) obtain visas for family members and relatives. We help clients identify the quickest solution to help family members immigrate to the U.S. Some of the more popular family immigration visas include the following:

  • IR visa: for immediate relatives
  • K visa: for fiancé(e)s
  • B visa: for business persons, tourists, and visitors
  • F visa: for students

For more detailed information on family-based immigration, please see our articles:


Contact an Immigration Law Attorney

Put more than fifty years of experience to work for you. Contact a Northern California immigration attorney at Litwin & Smith for experienced legal counsel tailored to your immigration needs and the needs of your family or business.

Please visit our Immigration Articles page for a full listing of detailed articles regarding immigration and naturalization law.