Security at San Francisco INS
IMMIGRATION AND NATURALIZATION SERVICE
San Francisco District Office
Community Relations Advisory
Re: Photo ID required for entry to Appraisers Building
Due to heightened security, persons entering the Appraisers Building (where the offices of the INS San Francisco District Office are located) are required to show an acceptable photo identification card (e.g. California driver’s license or identification card). Please share the following information with your clients or community members:
- Check your interview appointment notice or appointed document pick-up slip carefully and use the appropriate building entrance stated on the notice.
- In order to be on time for your interview appointment, please remember to allow extra time for security clearance.
- Present interview notice or document pick-up slip AND photo ID at security checkpoint. Persons who fail to produce a photo ID will NOT be admitted.
- All bags, packages etc. must go through the X-ray machine.
- Persons with no appointments needing forms, information or assistance must enter at the 444 Washington Street entrance. They will go through similar security procedures as above: photo ID is required.
The District Office thanks you for your patience. We are working with GSA, our building manager, to ensure that members of the public can conduct their business in a safe environment.