Call for a 15 minute consult

H1b change of employer approved but extension of stay denied

Question: H1b change of employer approved. But Extension of stay denied. Have valid H1B visa from previous employer on passport. May I depart the US and return using my existing visa or do I need to go for stamping?

Answer: When traveling after the new petition has been approved, the visa holder must present the new Form I-797, Notice of Action, evidencing the approval of the change of employer in addition to the visa. 9 FAM 402.10-11(A). Otherwise, it depends upon the basis of the extension denial.

Comment to your answer: Thank you Mr Don, It was very helpful. I did the border crossing and got my I 94 extended. Thank you very much.

Schedule a consultation


1435 Huntington Ave, Suite 336 South San Francisco, CA 94080


5201 Great America Parkway, Suite 320 Santa Clara, CA 95054

Call for a 15 minute consult