The FY 2022 H-1B Cap Registration period will begin March 8, 2021, and end March 26, 2021.
The new H-1B cap registration final rule (86 FR 1676) modifying the H-1B cap selection process, amending current lottery procedures, and prioritizing prevailing wage takes effect on March 8, 2021. Our firm expects this to be the start date of the 2022 H-1B cap registration period, even if Biden withdraws the final rule.
The USCIS will notify employers by March 31 and let them know whether their petitions have been selected in the Lottery. If chosen, employers will have up to 90 days to file an H-1B petition.
EXPERIENCED LEGAL ADVICE FOR H-1B VISAS
Call For A Free 10-Minute Conversation
The immigration law firm of Litwin & Smith assists United States employers and foreign nationals in obtaining H-1B visas. These visas enable foreign professionals to work in the U.S. temporarily on a short- or long-term basis. Contact us if you are a foreign professional seeking an H-1B visa or an employer wishing to hire a non-U.S. citizen for employment.
H-1B Registration Requirement Rule Process:
• Step 1: Employers interested in sponsoring H-1B beneficiaries will need to first electronically register the individuals with USCIS during the registration period given by USCIS.
• Step 2: USCIS will conduct computer-generated random selection, aka Lottery, to select regular quota filing registrants, then the master’s quota filing registrants.
• Step 3: USCIS will notify the selected registrants’ employer/sponsors electronically to file H-1B petitions within 90 days.
• Step 4: Employers need to file an H-1B petition using the standard process.
• Step 5: USCIS will adjudicate the petition as per their standard process and inform employers regarding their petition.
HELPING YOU THROUGH EVERY STEP OF THE H-1B PROCESS
Our attorneys are experienced and knowledgeable in all opportunities and requirements associated with non-immigrant H visas. At Litwin & Smith, A Law Corporation, we pride ourselves on:
• We provide a quick turnaround. Applications need to be filed with the appropriate documentation to be considered.
• We have a history of successful experience. We have helped prepare and obtain hundreds of non-immigrant visas for employers and subsequent visas and green cards for their employees.
• We provide excellent service at a competitive price. Of course, price isn’t everything. Timeliness, responsiveness, professionalism, and expertise are all part of providing an employer with quality guidance and presentation, and we are well known in the industry for providing excellent service.
The H-1B visa is one of the most coveted non-immigrant visas. It is an appealing visa option due to foreign nationals’ ability to have dual intent (the intent to enter the U.S. on a temporary work visa and obtain an adjustment of status to an immigrant visa eventually). However, the U.S. has a cap each year on the number of H-1B visas that can be issued – and this cap is reached each year quickly. The efficient, accurate filing of your visa application is paramount to the success of your case.
CALL TODAY FOR A FREE 10-MINUTE CONSULTATION
CALL TODAY FOR EXPERIENCED H-1B GUIDANCE
Get a free 10-minute phone conversation on your employment immigration matter.