Work Authorization for H-4 Spouses

As you may know, the President's immigration initiative provides employment authorization for H-4 spouses of H-1B principal beneficiaries who have an approved I-140 immigrant petition or labor certification pending for 365 days.

Under the rule, eligible H-4 dependent spouses must file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, with supporting evidence and the required $380 filing fee in order to obtain employment authorization and receive a Form I-765, Employment Authorization Document (EAD). USCIS will begin accepting applications on May 26, 2015.

Once USCIS approves the Form I-765 and the H-4 dependent spouse receives an EAD, he or she may begin working in the United States.

The USCIS website doesn't provide guidance on the documentation requirements for the H4 EAD. But, no worries, we are here to assist you.

Please do not hesitate to contact our office if you have any questions or if you are interested in beginning the process.